Matt Cutts, head of Google Webspam team, has just released another Webmaster Help Video on youtube explaining that in some case. Search engine has a problem figuring out the original sources of a specific user queries and a video that really helps to explain why this may be happening to your content.
When we create a new landing page with quality content, Google ranks that page on the top 30-50 for targeted keywords. Then why does the rank get decreased for the next 2 to 3 weeks? If pages didn’t have required quality, then why did it get ranked in the first week?
Here’s the video
Conclusion – I am sure that Google is taking the author into account along with the content, back-links, and keywords. My prediction is that good consistent content will continue to be rewarded.
- More videos – http://www.youtube.com/GoogleWebmasterHelp
- Webmaster Central Blog – http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/
- Webmaster Central- http://www.google.com/webmasters/.
- Webmaster Help Forum – http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters
Alok Raghuwanshi is an India-based SEO Professional, and author of an SEO and social media marketing blog. Take a look and let me know what you think by including your comment below. Thanks and have an amazing day!
Follow him on
If you want to be on the first page of the Google result, then here the importance of SEO can be determined. The success of the website totally depends on upon how your website is optimized; to be at the top of the search engine website should be SEO friendly. Lots of new businesses are growing day by day but people are not aware of you and your website, so to build your identity in the online marketing or business proper optimization of your website is very important. Success in the online marketing only comes to you when your website is indexed and crawled by Google on searching any query; this all is possible through SEO.
- Without optimization, it’s very difficult for your website to be present in the first pages of search engine result.
- To gain the more and more traffic for the website proper SEO is very important.
- It’s cost effective and we can get targeted traffic with a great ROI for the business.
- For gaining Page rank again SEO plays the crucial role.
- Through Proper optimization our sales can be increased, as when a user types a query our website will be on top.
Just What is SEO, Exactly?
From copyblogger post
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It’s a process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” or “natural” search results generated by search engines.
Google and Bing are the biggest search engines, and they use algorithms to examine the content on a given page in order to decide what that page is about. Then, based upon more than 200 factors, they decide how relevant that page is to certain keywords.
The job of a search engine, like Google, is to find content that matches your query — or, the basic question you’re asking, like:
How far is the earth from the sun?
Who is the lead singer of Led Zeppelin?
What is a freemason?
Those questions contain keywords. The more your content matches those questions, the better the experience for the user. When you make people happy, you make Google happy.
Above all points should be taken into consideration when you start an online business. Through search engine optimization you will able to bring and capture the traffic which increases your sales. Thus SEO these days is considered the best way to get your website ranked and get traffic. by Alok Raghuwanshi