Where Does the Right SEO Strategy Begin?
Are you starting in the world of SEO? Welcome! In this post we will clarify the picture and we will explain everything you need to know to implement a strategy that works.
As you know, or maybe you’re finding, along a series of 5 articles I have been introduced in this blog different aspects of the SEO.
And to close the loop, I thought it would be interesting to summarize all of them to give you an overview of how you could start practicing. Keep reading!
A good choice of Keyword is essential to save your efforts and avoid setting unattainable goals. Therefore, I suggest that the first step is to create a list of Keywords and validate it, trying to figure out which are the ones that can bring qualified visitors.
In the article “How To Do Keyword Research – The Beginners Guide to SEO” Moz explained different methods to help you build your list and see if they can really bring you traffic.
But do not forget that, besides having a reasonable number of searches, these keywords are bringing visitors who really need what you offer.
Once you have your list of relevant keywords and potential qualified traffic, you should analyze its viability. It is trying to figure out which of them would be possible to position your current resources (domain authority, bonds, budget, etc.)
In “The Ultimate Guide to Keyword Competition: Tips from 35 Experts on Competitive Keyword Analysis” You can learn a simple method to begin familiar with the subject. And I take this opportunity to remind you once again that, in my opinion, any analysis you do with various metrics, you use it to compare Keywords together.
Not you stay stuck in the process of calculating different metrics of different services and creating complex spreadsheets. Unless you’re really competitive Keywords behind, you do not need all that.
If, for example, you decide to simply take into account the Authority’s domain, write the metric of the top 10 results of all your keywords and see which of them can be comparatively easier to position.
You can learn more about some metrics like Mobile Device Usage in the article “21 Metrics for Monitoring SEO Health”
SEO on Page
The next step is to optimize your SEO on Page for the keywords you’ve chosen position. This is an important step, but no need to complicate too much.
In the “Roadmap to Improve Your SEO” you have everything you need to make a right on Page SEO. Remember that this optimization must be done for each page using the keywords you want to position on each.
Content Marketing & Promotion
Once you have created your content, you do not sit around waiting for your visitors: promote your items. In the same way that you have very little chance of getting a job if not actively looking, users must know the existence of your items in order to access them.
I recommend you spend more time promoting content and understand its value. If it works in your niche, plus visitors also get backlinks.
Read my article on “Blog Marketing Factors to Improve Your Blog Traffic” to know where to start. I hope that after reading it, understand that it is necessary to promote your content and make this action a habit.
Image Credit: shopify
Alok Raghuwanshi is an India-based SEO Professional, and author of an SEO and social media marketing blog. Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.. Thanks and have an amazing day!
Follow him on
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- November 2010
- September 2010
- February 2009
- All Content is Not Created Equal: Comparing Results Across 15 Verticals buff.ly/2eGjA1M #seo #digitalmarketingAlok Raghuwanshi 3 hours ago
- October’s Top 10 Must-Reads for every Growth Marketer buff.ly/2eKmi5V #digitalmarketingAlok Raghuwanshi 21 hours ago
- On mobile, the average viewing session on #YouTube is now more than 40 minutes buff.ly/2dAB2qJ #statsAlok Raghuwanshi 1 day ago
- RT @Sam___Hurley: The Biggest #ContentMarketing Trends for 2017: buff.ly/2aAudFk [#digitalmarketing]Alok Raghuwanshi 2 days ago
- 9 Eye-Opening #DigitalMarketing Stats From the Past Week buff.ly/2dJ7ANuAlok Raghuwanshi 2 days ago