Q&A With Google’s Matt Cutts On How Google Choose Title While Searching?
Excellent explanation by Google’s Head of Search Spam Matt Cutts on the question – How Does Google Choose Titles for Search Results?
To hear Matt’s full explanation, please see the video below
Here, Pierre Far, explains why Google may pick a different title tag
In a Google+ post he gives the short version:
▬ Our algorithms generate thee alternative titles so that your page is no longer constrained with having just the one title for all the different queries your page ranks for. This has the nice side effect of making the result look more relevant to our searchers and..
▬ On average, the alternative titles increase the click through rate on the results, i.e. more traffic for you.
▬ The <title> tag is still a primary source for titles we show so all our advice about make them concise and useful and enticing still very much apply. Keep an eye on the HTML Suggestions page in the Diagnostics section in Webmaster Tools for title suggestions.
The shorter a title, the better is its chance to be displayed in the SERPs. Good to know for the SERP CTR fetishists among us.
Checked with reference to the documents mentioned below…
- YouTube Google Webmaster: http://www.youtube.com/GoogleWebmasterHelp
- Webmaster Central Blog: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/
- Webmaster Central: http://www.google.com/webmasters/
Alok Raghuwanshi is an India-based SEO Professional, and author of an SEO and social media marketing blog. Take a look and let me know what you think by including your comment below. Thank you and have a great day.
Follow him on
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- November 2010
- September 2010
- February 2009
- ReTargeting Start's :) :)Alok Raghuwanshi 14 hours ago
- Social Media News Roundup: Facebook Advertising Comes of Age clickthrough-marketing.com/social-media-n… Discussion on @Inboundorg inbound.org/articles/view/…Alok Raghuwanshi 2 days ago
- Google Search Testing Updated Search Quality Algorithms? seroundtable.com/google-algorit… via @rustybrickAlok Raghuwanshi 2 days ago
- 29 Common Google Analytics Data Errors And How To Fix Them blog.kissmetrics.com/google-analyti… via @KISSmetricsAlok Raghuwanshi 2 days ago
- Nofollow Link Attribute: Essential Information For Marketers & Managers searchenginepeople.com/blog/150251055… via @senginepeopleAlok Raghuwanshi 2 days ago
Search Engine Optimizer SEO-SEM Expert
I have start professional career in an IT firm as a Search Engine Optimizer and utilize my technical and communication skills in challenging, team-oriented environment and contribute towards the over all growth of the organization to the best of my abilities. The Main Responsibilities Are:
Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Optimization and Link Building
Request for links to quality sites in particular niche.
Network distribution of promotional articles and press releases.
Adding and / or removal of links to the affected sites.
Community-building via blogs and forums.
Support initiatives of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Develop online relationships with webmasters, bloggers, etc.
Research and analyze competitor's advertising links
Maintain detailed documentation of specific activities.
If you have any questions regarding Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Optimization, Online Reputation Management, Link Building please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org