Matt Cutts: New Google Penguin 2.1 Update on Oct 4, Impacting 1% of all Searches
PENGUIN 2.1 HAS BEEN ROLLED OUT!
Update: 26 Sep Hummingbird and now Google distinguished Engineer Matt Cutts via Twitter confirmed that the Penguin 2.1 Algorithm update was rolled out yesterday (4 October 2013). According to Matt Cutts, that roll out would impact about 1 percent of all searches …More info on Penguin: Another step to reward high-quality sites.
Penguin 2.1 launching today. Affects ~1% of searches to a noticeable degree. More info on Penguin: http://t.co/4YSh4sfZQj
— Matt Cutts (@mattcutts) October 4, 2013
To remind you of Penguin, the algorithm update is said to penalize the following:
- Keyword Stuffing – Creating pages with false and incoherent content just to be positioned on a keyword. When the visitors arrives at the page, he is brought to a completely different one.
- Link Farms – Many times links do not make sense (An Mobile directing you to a Viagra website.) Also, the purchasing of links on website of questionable quality
- Hidden Content – Placing hidden content with the goal of being favored by the search engine, without for the user experience.
- Copied Content – Coping content through scrapping technique and passing it as one’s own..
This is Google’s fifth Penguin-related launch.
The first Penguin algorithm was introduced on April 2012. By this update targeted at spam back-links; also coined the ‘Web-spam Update it targeted keyword stuffing…!!
The update was to penalize website using manipulative techniques to achieve high rankings ~ Wikipedia
RELATED ARTICLES –
- Google’s @MattCutts Confirms Penguin 2.0 Coming up Over The Next Few Weeks
- [Infographic] – Customize Your SEO Techniques After Post-Panda/Penguin In 2013
- Amazing Link Building Strategies During Panda & Penguin
Google is constantly updating their search algorithm so it is important to make sure your website and SEO strategy is up to date with the most current standards!!
Alok Raghuwanshi is an India-based SEO Professional, and author of an SEO and social media marketing blog. Take a look and let me know what you think by including your comment below. Thanks and have an amazing day!