The Importance of Keyword Research on How to Get Started
Keyword research is the method used by SEO industry experts to find and research actual search terms people enter into the search engine giants like Google or any other search engine that directly match with your business, product & services.
If you want more ORGANIC traffic directly from search engines (Google, Yahoo & Bing), Keyword Research is the key to growing your business. Finding low competition keywords is a smart way to get more visitors and rank then faster as compared to high competition keywords.
“High competitive keyword is the keywords which has high search volume whereas low competition keywords have less search volume.”
Click here to find basic formulas: – Google keyword tool; call it “relative search volume”.
relative search volume = individual keyword search volume / total search volume for all keywords
The Three Main Types of Keywords for Your Site –
- Generic Keywords – Highly competitive keywords are identified as generic keywords like (“travel agents” or “travel agency”)
- Broad March Keywords – Contains all of the words, may be in any order, and may consist of other words like (“apple from Kashmir” or “Kashmir apple tree”)
- Long Tail Keywords – Long tail keywords are considered keyword phrases that include between two and five words, usually used when searching to get a rather specific item like (“Hire Professional SEO Expert” or “Hire a SEO in India”)
Best for Relative Search Volume from Three Sources…These are..!!
- Keyword Research Tool –To continue making your keyword list, you can prefer to use a keyword tool (Google Adwords Keyword Tool). There are actually a variety of keyword tools that provides useful results.
Here are the steps in keyword research –
- Keyword Brainstorming – The keyword brainstorming is the first phase can be identify of the keywords that your target market will most potential and competitiveness, it’s really is important to make a comprehensive set of words your customers might use when searching to your products.
- Understand Your Geographical Area – Are you putting attention keyword phrases locally, regionally and or on national level? In case you support one or all of these areas, then make a list of keywords. Keep in mind, search engines know where you’re situated so claiming you represent a location that you do not will hurt your position.
- Categorizing – We will then categorize these keywords phrases into specific topic areas
- Add keyword suffix terms – The basic terms you’ll use should be based around your specific business. For Web Development, use the terms “Web Development Company,” “Website design Companies,” and “PHP website development”
- Competition – The more sites which are targeting on keyword or keyword phrase, the more competitive it is. The better it is to rank the less happy you will be. The much less happy you will be…well, you understand.
Be sure you put your keywords strategy in the right place – before you jump into specific keyword research – and like some other square zero scenario, you’ll make sure the finest chance of good results.
Alok Raghuwanshi is an India-based SEO Professional, and author of an SEO and social media marketing blog. Take a look and let me know what you think by including your comment below. Thank you and have a great day.