Google Adds “hreflang” Link Element For Multilingual Content
Google announced a new markup to communicate multilingual content to Google’s spiders.
The new link element is rel=”alternate” hreflang=”x” where you define the language and location in the hreflang area.
Here are examples of how you may use it respectively:
- http://www.example.com/ – contains the general homepage of a website, in Spanish
- http://es-es.example.com/ – is the version for users in Spain, in Spanish
- http://es-mx.example.com/ – is the version for users in Mexico, in Spanish
- http://en.example.com/ – is the generic English language version
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="es" href="http://www.example.com/" /> <link rel="alternate" hreflang="es-ES" href="http://es-es.example.com/" /> <link rel="alternate" hreflang="es-MX" href="http://es-mx.example.com/" /> <link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" href="http://en.example.com/" />
Further information about international SEO and hreflang tags visit:
Other useful resources:
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- November 2010
- September 2010
- February 2009
- Check out my @newsmix channel Internet Marketing Resources News newsmix.me/alokraghuwansh…Alok Raghuwanshi 7 hours ago
- Check out my @newsmix channel Internet Marketing Resources News newsmix.me/alokraghuwansh…Alok Raghuwanshi 1 day ago
- Check out my @newsmix channel Internet Marketing Resources News newsmix.me/alokraghuwansh…Alok Raghuwanshi 2 days ago
- @ibnlive Happy Holi to #AAP @AapYogendra In Advance! http://t.co/2uTWtHDbb0Alok Raghuwanshi 2 days ago
- RT @jeffbullas: 3 Key Elements Needed To Take Social #Mobile To The Next Level ow.ly/4y7A5 #iPhone #Android #SocialMediaAlok Raghuwanshi 2 days ago
Search Engine Optimizer SEO-SEM Expert
I have start professional career in an IT firm as a Search Engine Optimizer and utilize my technical and communication skills in challenging, team-oriented environment and contribute towards the over all growth of the organization to the best of my abilities. The Main Responsibilities Are:
Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Optimization and Link Building
Request for links to quality sites in particular niche.
Network distribution of promotional articles and press releases.
Adding and / or removal of links to the affected sites.
Community-building via blogs and forums.
Support initiatives of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Develop online relationships with webmasters, bloggers, etc.
Research and analyze competitor's advertising links
Maintain detailed documentation of specific activities.
If you have any questions regarding Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Optimization, Online Reputation Management, Link Building please feel free to contact me at email@example.com