Google Adds “hreflang” Link Element For Multilingual Content
Google announced a new markup to communicate multilingual content to Google’s spiders.
The new link element is rel=”alternate” hreflang=”x” where you define the language and location in the hreflang area.
Here are examples of how you may use it respectively:
- http://www.example.com/ – contains the general homepage of a website, in Spanish
- http://es-es.example.com/ – is the version for users in Spain, in Spanish
- http://es-mx.example.com/ – is the version for users in Mexico, in Spanish
- http://en.example.com/ – is the generic English language version
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="es" href="http://www.example.com/" /> <link rel="alternate" hreflang="es-ES" href="http://es-es.example.com/" /> <link rel="alternate" hreflang="es-MX" href="http://es-mx.example.com/" /> <link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" href="http://en.example.com/" />
Further information about international SEO and hreflang tags visit:
Other useful resources:
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Another Penguin rolled out and all I can read about is labeled "loosers". Penguin 2.0 Reprot Cards (Losers) -... goo.gl/o7wQQAlok Raghuwanshi 9 hours ago
- The Respect #RahulDravid From Captain to mentor to motivator, this man has done everything for his team. #True LEGENDAlok Raghuwanshi 9 hours ago
- RT @dna: #IPL #spotfixing: Law minister Kapil Sibal to address the media at 4.30 pm on Saturday.Alok Raghuwanshi 9 hours ago
- Guest Blogging for Co-Citation, How Guest Blogging Will Change After Next Major Penguin Update... #guestblogging #SEO goo.gl/z02XKAlok Raghuwanshi 10 hours ago
- Do you support multilingual content in rich media files goo.gl/9ywqBAlok Raghuwanshi 11 hours ago
Search Engine Optimizer SEO-SEM Expert
I have start professional career in an IT firm as a Search Engine Optimizer and utilize my technical and communication skills in challenging, team-oriented environment and contribute towards the over all growth of the organization to the best of my abilities. The Main Responsibilities Are:
Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Optimization and Link Building
Request for links to quality sites in particular niche.
Network distribution of promotional articles and press releases.
Adding and / or removal of links to the affected sites.
Community-building via blogs and forums.
Support initiatives of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Develop online relationships with webmasters, bloggers, etc.
Research and analyze competitor's advertising links
Maintain detailed documentation of specific activities.
If you have any questions regarding Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Optimization, Online Reputation Management, Link Building please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
- Video: Matt Cutts On How Does Google Think About Search Quality When It Relies On Subjective Signals
- Video: Matt Cutts On Why Does Google Show Multiple Results from the One Domain?
- Google’s @MattCutts Confirms Penguin 2.0 Coming up Over The Next Few Weeks
- The Importance of Keyword Research on How to Get Started
- Video: Matt Cutts On Does Linking My Two Sites Together Violate the Quality Guidelines